Development of communities that can sustainably leverage on natural resources to develop strong and resilient village economies, water security, and reduced drudgery for women and children.
Integrated Natural Resource Management
AT A GLANCE
- 10,000 farmers report increased area of irrigated crops.
- 50,000 farmers report increased crop production of at least 10%.
- At least 15% of barren, degraded lands brought under tree cover.
Sensitization and mobilization of villages and VECs.
- Sensitization of Project functionaries
- Awareness and mobilization of Village facilitators, Village Employment Councils (VEC) and community
Signing social agreements
- Between VEC and Project.
- Opening of bank accounts by VECs for receiving funds.
Preparation of Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan
- Preparation of Designs, cost estimates.
- Submission to Block authorities for issuing work order.
Release of funds
- Release of Village Development Fund (VDF) and Village Operating Fund (VOF)
- Mobilization of convergence from MGNREGA
Implementation of plans by the community
- Execution of work order by VEC
Technical support and participatory monitoring
- Technical support during plan implementation
- Site inspections and participatory monitoring
- Assessment of VEC for eligibility to receive subsequent instalments of funds
SNAPSHOT OF ACHIEVEMENTS (inrm)
No. of Villages supported to develop and implement their own integrated natural resource management plans
No. of villages that have been supported with water related interventions
No. of villages that have been supported with land conservation related initiatives
No of Households with significant reduction in time spent for collecting water
No of Households with increased area under irrigation
No of Villages Village Resource Maps/LULC Maps generated
INR 3008 lakhs
Village Development Fund Utilize
Custom Hiring Centres (CHC) established under Phase 1